Monday, September 05, 2005

Floor Show

Since we're re-using a run of cabinets, that were between the kitchen and dining room, against the wall we found that some of the features of a double sided cabinet don't work so well in this application. Like the row of drawers and doors that ends in a blank cabinet back...


So, my little bride told me I needed to do something about that. And, that I needed to do something about it before we laid floor. So, I bent a couple of jigsaw blades and cut out a the blank side to make a drawer and a cabinet door opening...

Now, I told the bride that my cabinet skills are like really terrible and that she had a 50% chance or less of getting something decent out of it. As it is, the drawer turned out a teeny bit crooked, but I'm going to live with it. Yes, I am.

We started in laying floor, jockying loose cabinetry and kitchen tables,


...and, I must say, the results are very pleasing...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi there! I want to invite you to join the House Blogs Forums. We're trying to get as many of those in the houseblogs ring as possible to join. Hope to see you there!

http://houseblogsforums.net/forums/