Saturday, January 05, 2008

Miter Saw Bench

(remember, click the pictures to make them bigger...)

As I've mentioned before, when we moved in we just threw everything into the shop and have never gone back to try and sort it out. Sure, working on projects can be a challenge when it's like this, but we've dealt with it one way or another. But with the new projects that the little bride is coming up with, bookshelves, kitchen cabinets, etc. I figure I'm going to have to organize and configure it as a "cabinet shop."

My first project towards that end is to clear some floor space and build a miter saw bench. I just figure this will pay dividends when it comes to production cutting. So this weekend we did just that. I built the framework last weekend and had the local home center rip a couple of sheets of 3/4" mdf in half for me. Today I put the top together. I think it's going to work out well.





























Next project: my woodworking bench.

3 comments:

dancilhoney said...

I don’t have this particular miter saw, but it has made me much more aware about adjusting a saw into proper/correct alignment. keep sharing. miter saw review

Richard C. Lambert said...


The Dewalt DWS709 12” Slide Compound Miter Saw delivers extended power and durability with its powerful 15 Amp 3,800 rpm motor More details

mathpuu said...

wow very smart ideals , we need the post like this thank you AND please come to my home here