Thursday, July 28, 2005

Floor Me!

Of course we order new floor...

Now I've got to tell you, we ordered it from Lumber Liquidators. This was not such a great experience. Let's see if I can remember all of it...

When you go on the website to look at the material, it tells you that it has a 25 year warranty. It also told us that shipping would be approximately $200 dollars.

Guess what? When you push the check out now button, it tells you that someone will call you. Well, when they do they want to fax a form to you for you to sign. This form has all kinds of interesting information on it like, there's no warranty! And, you are responsible for refusing the shipment if it's damaged. And, the shipping is now $420 dollars. And you are responsible for getting it from the driveway to the house.

Well I didn't have a problem with any of that except the no warranty, no return policy and the fact that Fed Ex Freight called me to tell me that Lumber Liquidators didn't pay for lift gate service so I would have to unload the truck myself.

As it turns out, it was a moot point since the crappy way that Lumber Liquidators packaged the shipment precluded being able to let it down on a lift gate anyway. Those idiots put 35 boxes, seven foot 6 inches long, weighing 50 pounds each on a pallet that couldn't have been more than 40"x24". The entire shipment was swarmed on the truck. Most of the boxes were burst open and the ends of the boards damaged.

I was so anxious to get my floor and put it in that of course I accepted it.

It's beautiful stuff, heart pine, five inch planks. Solid. Like they used in houses a hundred and fifty years ago.

But, I can't say much for Lumber Liquidators.

We'll keep you posted on how it turns out as we get into the boxes of flooring...

No comments: