Friday, July 29, 2005

My New Floor Nailer!

UPS brought my new floor nailer today.

We had been talking about the fact that we will likely take weeks to get all of the floor put down, and renting a nailer could be an expensive proposition. So it was decided that we could buy a nailer and then sell it on eBay when we get done. But I have to admit I was put off by the price of a decent pneumatic nailer.

I started looking for one used on eBay and found a Porter Cable FCN200 nailer with a buy-it-now of $400. I did my due diligence and researched the make and model and was satisfied that it was a good choice for the money.

But in my research I found that the nailer was available, brand new, from Coastal Tool dot com in Connecticut for only $385. So, what the heck, I bought it.

The service at Coastal Tool was impersonal and great! I received an email immediately that they had my order and then the next day an email with the tracking number for the UPS shipment. It arrive the very day that it said it was scheduled to arrive and was packaged well in the factory packaging.

I'm happy with the experience and have ordered a toe-kick saw from them now. It's supposed to arrive Monday...

No comments: