Saturday, August 27, 2005

Getting the hang of it...

We started in early this morning filling in the floor in son2's room. A thunderstorm came up suddenly, mid morning, and we literally cut the last two boards amidst large raindrops, shoved all the equipment and tools into the shop and ran inside.

Since the rain precluded painting or cutting trim work, we installed the pantry door. I think I'm finally getting the hang of the door thing. This one went very smoothly and the "crack" is pretty even all the way around - best one yet!



When the sun finally came out, the bride started painting woodwork, and as it dried, I cut it, took it in and installed it. Some of my cuts aren't so great, but isn't that why God invented wood filler? And latex caulk? Good stuff if you ask me.

This is peeking in son2's room from the foyer...


And, inside...


My little bride went shopping with her mother, so I guess I get tonight off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe! Thanks for leaving the great comment at my place! I am absolutely astounded by the pictures of your floor! They're beautiful! Tell your little bride that she does very nice faux work, too! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Maria