Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Milestone

We've cleared the underlayment and old hardwood from front to back in a path resembling Sherman's march to the sea. Shock and awe, baby. I estimate that this is about 30 percent of the total floor, but comprises some of the most stubborn and unyielding of the areas (I hope).

This puts me at a point where I can frame in the new pantry and hang drywall. My thoughts were originally to get the mudding all done before laying new floor, but I don't think I'm going to be able to hold myself back. You know, instant gratification of sorts. Even though we're talking about instant gratification over a period of weeks. I want to see some floor down!

I have a table at the Antique Book Show in town this weekend, and I know it doesn't make the little bride happy, but I'm just going to have to redouble my efforts at night. Wouldn't want to miss the book show, now would we? (For those in central Arkansas looking for an excuse to take a break from the house, it will be Saturday and Sunday at the Jacksonville Civic Center).

No comments: