Friday, August 26, 2005

Goin' South

I left work about 10:30 this morning and the little bride had been off all week, so she was back from the yard sales when I got there and ready to make me work.

I told her I was looking for the most bang for the buck we could get and that I wanted to start on son2's room, the ex-living room.

We pried out the plywood overlayment in there which went a lot better than I thought it would. By taking the skillsaw and setting the depth to 3/4", I was able to cut the sheets in half to make it easier to pry them out. The lever that adjusts the depth on my skillsaw stripped out and fell off, so I had to adjust it with pliers. I guess that's what I get for buying a lower priced model. I think I'll go with Delta or Milwaukee next time.



We cut and layed a few courses of floor and then went to lunch at Red Lobster. Special treat, the little bride and I on a date. Having kids for the last 23 years, there just doesn't seem so much time for just us.

We had a summer thundershower about 5:00 which made it where I couldn't cut the boards outside, so we put everything in the garage and hung the new door for son2's bedroom.

By 8:30 tonight, I was pooped. But I think we made pretty good progress...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Joe, the door on your son's room is beautiful. Your wife did a great job with the faux finish. I really like that.

I hear ya on rarely getting out without the kids! I bet it was a nice lunch, that you didn't have to inhale! lol

I can't wait to see the finished room!